Sunday, January 5, 2014

Prisoners: Excellent thriller with Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal

I watched Prisoners (2013). It's a crimer/murder thriller from Denis Villeneuve that features Hugh Jackman and Jake Gylenhaal.

I wont give any spoilers. Just let me say that it is the best thriller I've seen in a long time. It's the classic theme of investigating the kidnapping of children in a small town in the U.S.A., but the achievement is far greater in this film. It's captivating, entertaining, thrilling, original in it's specific circumstances, and the acting is great. Personally, I often feel disappointed when I watch most of the well-rated crime-thrillers and psychologic thrillers, because although the story has all the right things for being given a good rating, it's still more of the same. And that more of the same become less thrilling each time. I found this film refreshing in the genre, despite classic in the story. Don't miss it, because you will be positively surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment