Thursday, January 2, 2014

Trance (2013): The new psychologic thriller of the director of Trainspotting

Yesterday I watched Trance (2013) from Danny Boyle. When I first look at the DVD cover before knowing anything whatsoever about the film, I thought of Trainspotting. The funny thing was that when I realized it wasn't, as I read what was on the box, it said that it was directed by the same director.

In short (without providing any spoilers) the film is about the robbery of a famous painting of Rembrandt that costs about USD 40 million

The film features James McAvoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel in a psychologic thriller. I must confess I am not a great fan of this genre, but in every sense it is a good film: it has suspense, it is unpredictable and intelligent, it is original, has its dose of action, and the acting is good. There are even a couple os sexy scenes where Rosario Dawson appears stunningly naked. But still, the film is neither erotic nor cheap because of these particular spots.

The film feels somewhat psychedelic (as you easily guess from the design on the DVD cover), and at times you are not sure what is real and is not. But just pay attention to every detail and at the end it all makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment